Why choose OpenCart over Magento?
Both OpenCart and Magento are open source e-commerce solutions. There are various articles available online that provide a good comparison of both the e-commerce solutions. Here are a few points on why would you prefer OpenCart over Magento. I will post another blog later on discussing why would you prefer Magento or any other open source e-commerce solution over OpenCart.
- OpenCart is user friendlier, easy to manage and administer. This means that a business owners with little technical knowledge or skills can manage/administer their opencart store as the control panel is simple and convenient to use. Magento is quite complicated and can be a bit confusing in the beginning.
- OpenCart is lighter and takes slightly less time to set up and configure This means that it would be cheaper to have it set up compared to Magento. Generally, opencart experts would charge less than setting up Magento store for a small to medium sized business.
- It is easier to find help for an OpenCart problem as there is great deal of information available in terms of forums, blogs, experts. Also, the learning curve is not as steep as Megento, you are likely to find more open cart developers compared to Magento experts.
- There are so many feature extensions available to enhance opencart functionality. This means, almost anything that Magento does can be done using OpenCart for e-commerce store.
- OpenCart provides free support and upgrades. If there is any feature that does not exist for OpenCart but Magento (I can’t think of any at the moment), you can find an opencart expert to develop an extension for the required functionality (and why look further than us: www.anopencartexpert.com).
- OpenCart is perfect solution for startups and small to medium sized businesses. Though it could be customised to suit large businesses with the help of right opencart experts.
- Last but not the least, OpenCart is one of the fastest growing open source e-commerce solutions. Without being backed by a very large organisation (which is the case for Magento, i.e., eBay), it is now among the top few solutions that many startups and small to medium level businesses are opting for.